Office Manager / Personal Assistant / Production Associate
Thorus Arts is a production company, an art maker focused on creating high quality works and expressing its artistic vision singularly and in collaboration with others. Although our collective experience has led to work in diverse formats we most often speak through the mediums of film and live performance: theater, dance, music, opera…
Thorus Arts simultaneously acts as a connector, a reference and a supporter of the artistic community. This implication is fundamental to the ideals of the company – a desire to not just create, but to address the system of creation – and is reinforced by our formation as administrators, strategic planners, and fundraisers.
Thorus Arts’ staff support the initiatives of Artistic Director, Ferran Carvajal, and Executive Director, Trevor Carlson.
In addition to our own productions, our clients include the Barbican London and the Merce Cunningham Trust among others.
About the job
Thorus Arts’ Office Manager/Personal Assistant/Production Associate is a new full time position created to support the increased activities of our directors. Working closely with Trevor Carlson and Ferran Carvajal, the individual combines superlative interpersonal skills with a deep love of live performance. Both right and left brain are required as creative envisaging, strategic development and research jostle for your attention with budgets, schedules and logistics. You should be a good listener and a fast learner who loves communicating with diverse participants and are willing to take direction. This position has the potential for growth based on your fit within our endeavours and any projects you might propose to the Directors. Your working hours will be mutually agreed upon with some flexibility. Knowledge of other languages is a plus and problem solving essential. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will work directly with Thorus Arts Artistic Director, Executive Producer, and Designer.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Arranging travel, visas, insurance and accommodations and, occasionally, travelling with the Director(s) to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during meetings.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Dealing with incoming correspondence on behalf of the Director(s).
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring all attendees are prepared in advance.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other members of the team.
- Responsible for accounts receivable and payable.
- Maintain and organise a clean working environment.
- Support Director(s) fundraising efforts in both private and public areas including application writing and follow-up with Spanish Government agencies (ICEC, Ramon Llull, etc).
- Responsible for maintaining company social networks (REDs).
Fluent in both English and Spanish reading, writing and speaking mandatory. Catalan proficiency a plus. Proof reading and writing will be required. Legally available for employment in Spain.
If you think you have what it takes, send us (email@example.com) by Monday, 31 July your CV, a writing sample in either English, Castellano, or Catalan (or more than one version), and a cover letter telling us in no more than two pages:
- Why you think you are right for the role
- What excites you about the role
- Where do you see yourself in your career in 5 years
- Your ideal structure for a working arrangement with Thorus Arts and your availability